Zambezi Magic is looking for proposals for a new 120 part drama series
Zambezi Magic (DSv channel 162) is looking for a new 120 part drama series which depicts authentic ‘African’ experiences. The drama must be based in Zambia and showcase the true livelihood and experiences of those living in the country.
The drama series must touch on engrossing and compelling themes, while staying true to the specific world it depicts. It must touch on social commentary without being too didactic.
The drama series must deliver conflict, laughter, tears and create an unparalleled emotional connection with the audience. At the core of our new drama must be unique and new stories, different from our current content slate. The premise of the drama must be strong enough to carry 120 episodes, straying from repetitive narratives.
Proposals that are replicas of our current drama slate will not be considered.
Exploring new and fresh ideas that tap into the nuances of the market, please bear the following in mind:
1. The characters must be relatable yet complex and engaging
2. The themes must cover real life experiences e.g redemption, good vs evil, forgiveness, betrayal etc
3. The proposed drama series must have a unique, fresh and exciting treatment of the above mentioned themes.
4. This drama series must be family friendly and inspirational yet remain rooted in story and encourage appointment viewing.
1. Brief synopsis of the concept.
2. Dramatic Question, Premise
3. A statement of intent – why is this series / story important? Why (do you think it) should it be produced?
4. A clear and powerful world of the story.
5. Character biographies for the main characters including their traits, goals, needs and flaws as well an indication of relationships.
6. A summary of the main characters arcs/journeys as well as Episodic summaries for 25 episodes.
Submit your proposals to:
M-Net submission portal: https://submissions.mnetcorporate.co.za/request/24-minute-drama-series_82
Only submissions from writers based in Zambia will be considered.
Submission due date:
Submissions should be made no later than 14 February 2022
Stay ahead of the conversation
Get yourself up to date with your industry news